Best Summer Birthday Party Ideas for Kids
How lucky are kids that have their birthdays in summer? The sun is warm, the weather is beautiful and it is just an ideal time for a birthday party. Here are some cool themes to use for your kid’s summer birthday party.
Camping-themed birthday party– One of the great things to enjoy in summer is camping, and kids love camping. So, why not plan a camping-themed birthday party, right in your own backyard? All you need are tents, fire pit and folding chairs.
• Food- Hot dogs, hamburgers, potato salad, trail mix for snacks, iced tea, lemonade.
• Activities- S’mores over a campfire, ghost stories around a campfire, scavenger hunt.
• Decorations- Old sleeping bags for tablecloths.
• Party favors- Miniature flashlights, treat bags with S’mores ingredients.
Beach-themed birthday party– Summer and beaches go hand in hand, like peanut butter and jelly. You can create the perfect beach-themed birthday party right in your backyard.
• Food- Hot dog, hamburgers, chicken kabobs, watermelon chunks.
• Activities- Musical towels (variation of musical chairs), Frisbee, volleyball game.
• Decorations- Sand and seashells spread around tables, hang life preservers on tree branches, kids pool filled with ice to keep beverages cold.
• Party favors- Sunglasses, beach balls, pail and shovel.
Ocean-themed birthday party– Kids love the ocean so why not plan an ocean-themed birthday party this summer?
• Food- Fish sticks, green colored Jell-O, blue colored Kool-Aid.
• Activities- Water balloon toss.
• Decorations- Blue and green streamers.
• Party favors- Treat bags with goldfish crackers or gummy sharks, water squirt guns, bubbles.
Carnival-themed birthday party– Carnivals are fun, no matter how old you are! Planning a carnival-themed birthday is a lot of fun and simple to do!
• Food- Corn dogs, cotton candy, popcorn, peanuts, caramel apples.
• Activities- Balloon pop, watermelon eating contest, face painting.
• Decorations- Brightly colored tablecloths, colorful balloons.
• Party favors- Treat bags with peanuts or popcorn.
Safari-themed birthday party– Let the kids go on a safari adventure with a cool safari-themed birthday party.
• Food- Pizza, animal crackers, dried banana chips, Cheetos, bug juice.
• Activities- Pin the Tail on the Monkey (variation on Pin the Tail on the Donkey), alligator piñata, jungle animal charades.
• Decorations- Inflatable palm trees, animal shaped balloons, coconut and banana bunch table centerpieces.
• Party favors- Party bags with plastic animals, Tootsie Pop bunches.